We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Purely Hopeful


This form was invented by Jennifer L. Hedin, aka on Allpoetry as Pure_Hope

A Four Stanza form, with two quatrains enveloping two tercets.
The syllable counts and rhyme-pattern for each stanza is:
9/8/7/6: abab
7/8/9: cdc
9/8/7: cdc
6/7/8/9: fgfg
There is no metric requirement.

Example Poem

Camping Trip

"Dress for camping," I advised, "Wear red.
So she put on a pencil dress.
She wanted me home instead.
Her ploy was a success.

I stayed home and was not sad.
I was I'll admit, quite content.
Next time I said "Camping won't be bad."

"Dress in red.  Wear boots- You will be glad."
She dressed in leather; time well spent
and wore the best boots she had.

Even though she brought rope,
Figuring to snare our lunch?
I stayed home again.  I'm no dope.
And there I enjoyed my honeybunch. 

 © Lawrencealot - September 14, 2012

Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment