We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Dahtrain


Dahquain form invented by  D.A. Hemingway, aka, DianeAH on Allpoetry.com.
Iambic Tetrameter Quatrains
axAA bxBB cxCC dxDD, etc.
Minimum of 4 stanzas,
Ends with a separate rhyming couplet.
The capital letters indicate that the words are identical.

Example Poem

Write a Dahtrain

A Dahtrain seems a friendly form.
Line two will never have to rhyme,
although I guess it is my norm
to try to monkey with the norm.

I suppose could to try to rhyme
all the unrhymed lines; even try
to challenge up with monorhyme
that is, if you like monorhyme.

Or you could get busy and try
to link as I've done here, those lone
lines lightly "Ah ha!", slap your thigh.
Excited guys will slap their thigh.

Now that trick treds path of my own;
It's not part of this easy form.
My tricks just wanted to be shown.
I'll be anxious to see yours shown.

Enjoy the Dahtrain, Di's new form.
A Dahtrain seems a friendly form.

© Lawrencealot  -  July 14, 2012


Visual Template



No comments:

Post a Comment