We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Fornlorn Suicide


The Form: Forlorn Suicide

Invented byNataly Scott, aka  NatyDel


Syllable Count for each stanza: 
5,6,7,6,5,4,5,6,7/
6,5,4,3,4,5,6,7,6,5/
4,3,2,3,4,5,6,7/ 
6,5,4,3,2,1

5=a
6=b
7=c
4=d
3=e
2=f
1=x

Rhyme Scheme:
a-b-c-b-a-d-a-b-c
b-a-d-e-d-a-b-c-b-a
d-e-f-e-d-a-b-c
b-a-d-e-f-x

Rhyme matches with the syllable count
For instance: All the 5’s rhyme, all the 6’s rhyme, and so forth.

Example Poem

Teacher's Pet

Looking at your rear
is why I come to class.
I've never yet read the board.
I'd rather watch your ass.
I am always here;
I'll never miss.
I want to be clear,
while still not being crass.
Watching you, I can't get bored.

My grades are great.  I pass
for an engineer.
It's just that this
boy wants you
to touch and kiss.
My meager veneer
becomes most underclass
when close; you are so adored.
Your shape's an hourglass.
I try not to leer.

I love the bliss
of this view
my dear.
It is true
I'd be amiss
were that not true. We're
married. Yet, I trespass
voyeuristically - ignored,

by teacher with smartass
hubby volunteer
here to assist,
yes, and to
be near
you.

© Lawrencealot - August 8, 2012

Visual Template



No comments:

Post a Comment