We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Anaduo

This is an invented form created by Lisa La Grange of Allpoetry.com.

It is Stanzaic, composed of any number of sestets
It is Syllalbic 11/11/8/11/11/8
Meter: All lines are acephalous* anapestic
              The long lines are anapestic tetrameter
              The short lines are anapestic trimeter
Rhyme Scheme:  aabccb


*Acephalous = headless, lacking its first syllable


Example Poem:

Chased by a Cloud     (Anaduo)

Below the horizon, beneath where I stand
the streets of a city lie quilting the land.
It's there that I work and I live.
I set out today, with no purposeful aim
My nose led my feet; up the mountain I came
for nature has beauty to give.

Just barely, below me the sounds I can hear
of traffic and people who don't know I'm here.
I view what's so rarely allowed.
I've climbed here before and I've stayed overnight
but never been treated to quite such a sight.
I'm proud to be chased by a cloud.

© Lawrencealot - January 30, 2014

Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment