We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Amanda's Pinch

 Created by  Amanda J. Norton, Oct. 18, 2013 on Allpoety

This is a syllabic form with syllable count 12/12/10/8/8/10/12/12
with Rhyme Scheme abcDDcba, (with line 5 a refrain of line 4)
Alliteration is required in every line.

It looks well centered.
Its structure giving the impression of being gently pinched together,
then springing back in a mirror image.

It may be doubled.

Sample Poem

Unhooked Hook-up     (Amanda's Pinch) 

Two sailors seeking girls inclined to kiss and pet;
I kissed my choice until my lips looked botox filled.
My girl had double D's that suited well
until I bumbled with the bra!
Until I bumbled with the bra
my every effort seemed to work out swell.
She was prob'ly put off that I was so unskilled.
That was an undone date that I just can't forget.

© Lawrencealot - October 24,2013

Visual Template





No comments:

Post a Comment