We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Hexaduad


Hexaduad
An Old English poetic form that consists of
 2, 2, 6, 6, 8, 8, 4, 4, 6, 6, 4, 4 syllable line lengths
 - a total of 12 lines.

Rhyme Scheme: aabbccddeeff


Inverted Hexaduad

An Old English poetic form with 2, 6, 8, 4, 6, 4, 4, 6, 4, 8, 6, 2
syllable line lengths - again, a total of 12 lines.
The first two lines are repeated for the last two lines.

Rhyme Scheme: A1A2bbccddeeA2A1,  where A1 and A2 are the refrain lines

Example Poem

Undone   ( Inverted Hexaduad)

Undone
Without you I'll be one
awaiting a new birth of mirth
and play that's worth
unpack-aging the games
with other names
and fresh pretends
which serve my lusty ends.
You inspire me,
even though I cannot help thee.
Without you I'll be one
Undone.

(c) Lawrencealot - August 25, 2012

3 comments: