We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Decquain


The Decuain (pronounced deck•won), created by Shelley A. Cephas,
is a short poem made up of 10 lines, which can be written on any subject.
There are 10 syllables per line and the poem is
written in iambic pentameter.
There are 3 set choices of rhyme scheme:
ababbcbcaa, ababbcbcbb, or ababbcbccc
For a longer Decuain poem, add more stanzas for a double, triple, quatruple, etc. Decuain.


Example Poem

Leap to Lancelot 


















They thought they had me trapped-- the silly fools.
But I'm an acrobat and dive with skill.
I do double twists into tiny pools.
I'll foil their evil plans to rape and kill.
After a safe dive, which will be a thrill,
I' ll be saved by Sir Lancelot by skiff.
He's promised so I know he surely will.
His little boat was hidden by the cliff.
No maiden fair (and that does describe me,)
will Lancelot allow be lost at sea.

(c) Lawrencealot - April 18,2012


Visual Template




No comments:

Post a Comment