- Cadence, created by Ella Cunningham, is a verse form which appears to be exercises in rhythm and
possibly to show the value of often overlooked parts of speech, articles
and prepositions. It is similar to the Cameo found at Poetry
The Cadence is:
- a heptastich, a poem in 7 lines.
- syllabic, the Cadence written with 1-2-3-4-4-8-5 syllables per line.
- unrhymed, but end words should be strong, no articles or prepositions.
- 127 Hours by Judi Van Gorder
time running out.
amputate trapped arm, flying solo.
My Thanks to Judi Van Gorder for the wonderful resource at PMO
My Example Poem
to top of glass,
to prove the barkeep gave you yours,
Now you'll smell like brew.
© Lawrencealot - March 15, 2014