We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pathya vat



The Pathya Vat is a Cambodian verse form, consisting of four lines of four syllables each, where lines two and three rhyme. When a poem consists more than one stanza, the last line of the previous stanza rhymes with the second and third lines of the following one.



Example Poem

She Shops     (Pathya vat)

On shopping day
you disappear
and it's unclear
to me, just how.

"You go alone,
I can't stop now",
and anyhow
my team's behind.

I know your ways
so I declined
and you are kind
to let me stay.

Go find treasures,
(it takes all day-
I'll gladly pay)
just not to play.

© Lawrencealot - Februrary 5, 2014


Visual Template
This is show in iambi dimeter


No comments:

Post a Comment