We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cinquain Chain

  • Cinquain Chain or Corona of Cinquains is stanzaic invented verse made up of a series of Crapsey Cinquains linked in a chain or corona by the last line of each cinquain repeated as the first line of the next cinquain.


My Example poem

You Can Call Me, Darling    (Cinquain Chain)

Once we've
come to know each
other and shared a meal
or drink, a wink, or even more
a kiss,

a kiss
even on the cheek,
or put each other down
in fun with social repartee
well then ...

well then
you might call me
darling and I'd not flinch.
It's a sweet affectation, beats
Hey you!

Hey you
works, and implies
perhaps you know me not
yet by name and darling implies
much more.

Much more-
yet everyone
is your darling, even those I know
are rude and lacking very much
to like.

To like
me and call me
darling has it's merits.
Do you want to call me darling?
Call me.


© Lawrencealot - February 20 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment