We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Cinq-Cinquain

Cinq-Cinquain
Type:
Structure, Metrical Requirement, Stanzaic
Description:
A poem of five cinquains.
Schematic:
xx
xxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xx
And repeat four more times.
Rhythm/Stanza Length:
5
Line/Poem Length:
25
Status:
Incomplete
See Also:



My thanks to Charles L. Weatherford for the above.


My example poem

Within the Bounds?      (Cinq-Cinquain)

Thinking
of repeating
some rhymes in every verse
I know I can but should I now
Pray tell?
Sinking
self-defeating
doubts here would make it worse,
I'll proceed- rhyming anyhow.
Oh hell.
Drinking
while I'm beating
time, now seems so perverse,
although the rules don't disallow
Oh well.
Shrinking
from a fleeting
desire to intersperse
some lyricism here and now
to quell
stinking
doubts competing
that I'm cheating where terse
is sought and I use rhyme somehow
as well.

© Lawrencealot - February 16, 2014

    


I think this poems proves you ought not so something
Just because you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment