We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Curtal Long Hymnal Stanza

Curtal Long Hymnal Stanza

Type:
Structure, Metrical Requirement, Rhyme Scheme Requirement, Stanzaic
Description:
A stanzaic form composed of three lines of iambic tetrameter and one of iambic dimeter rhymed abab.
Schematic:
xX xX xX xA
xX xX xX xB
xX xX xX xA
xX xB




My Thanks to Charles L. Weatherford for the wonderful PoetryBase resource.

My Example Poem

My All   (Curtal Long Hymnal Stanza)

I must now be
in total thrall;
demand from me
my all.

I'll give no less,
for when inspired
I know my best's
required.

And if I fail
the lack's my own.
I'll guzzle ale
alone.

© Lawrencealot - April 30, 2014



Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment