We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sweetbriar

  • The Sweetbriar is a stanzaic invented form similar to the Minuette. It uses only 1 rhyme and was created by Viola Berg.

    The Sweetbriar is:
    • stanzaic, written in 2 sixains.
    • syllabic, 4-4-6-4-4-6 syllables per line.
    • rhymed, rhyme scheme xxaxxa xxaxxa.



My Thanks to Judi Van Gorder for the wonderful resource at PMO

My example poem

He Watches Me Bathe    (Sweetbriar)

He likes to watch
me shower it excites
him, that I know.
I wait until I'm sure
he's there, then I
put on my show.

I see him smile
as I'm caressed by the
cool water's flow.
He spends that time with me
each day, until
I have to go.


© Lawrencealot - April 5, 2014

















Visual Template



No comments:

Post a Comment