We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Impressionist

The Impressionist form was invented by Pamela Santini, writing on AllPoetry as Stands_In_Awe

It is a nine stanza poem
It is syllabic.
 The first eight stanzas consist of both a four and five syllable line, in either order, followed by a "quip" of one or two words limited to three syllables.
The final stanza consists of a pair of four syllable lines each followed by one of the "quips" previously used.

Example Poem

Unselfish Selfies
















He wants to see some
more of me, I'm
Supposing.
The pic goes with the
sexting that I'm
composing.
So my face is not
all that I'll be
exposing.
Several simple
sexy selfies I'm
enclosing.
Exactly what I'll
show I'm not now
disclosing.
But I'll bet my butt
it keeps him from
dozing,
stimulates and moves
him closer to
proposing.
I'll sign myself, "all
yours, with love", in
closing.

Selfies work when
Exposing;
that's what girls are
supposing.

© December 16, 2014



Visual Template:
Note: Either the first or the second line

of each tercet may have five syllables.


No comments:

Post a Comment