We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Vers Beaucoup

  • Vers Beaucoup French-many rhymes) is an invented stanzaic form that is riddled with rhyme. Created by Curt Mongold who suggest the lines within the quatrains be enjambed. The Vers Beaucoup is:
    • stanzaic, written in any number of quatrains.
    • metered at the discretion of the poet.
    • rhymed, including multiple internal rhyme sounds. Rhyme scheme (a-a-a)(a-b-b)(b-c-c)(c-d-d) (e-e-e)(e-f-f)(f-g-g)(g-h-h) etc.

 My thanks to Judi Van Gorder for the fine resource at PMO

My example poem.

Stamp Collecting Hazards     (Vers Beaucoup)

It's wrong that all along she showed her thong,
so wrong- and it was camp for that young vamp
with stamp upon her back to show such lack
of tact when it is said that she is wed.

She's not a gal I'd caught, or even thought
a lot about but yet I'd like to sweat
and pet without concern that I discern
I'd earn when mister stamp collects his tramp.

© Lawrencealot- Dec 8, 2013


Visual  Template

No comments:

Post a Comment