We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Shoe Laces

This is a spontaneous form created by Michael Fantina, aka Eusebius on Allpoetry.  Note: he thinks it silly to give it a name, and did not instigate this action.  He is too busy being a real poet.  It was named by Doubletake, who like the way the end crosses.


It is a syllabic 11 line poem
It alternates iambic feet of 4 and one
Rhyme pattern: abbacddceff

A brevity form.


My Example Poem

Unfettered

I  long  for  your  return  to  me, 
       I  do; 
for  my  tranquility  needs  you, 
       you  see. 
Your  absence  leaves  me  feeling  lost.
       You  know 
you're  always  free  to  come  and  go. 
       The  cost 
of  bondage  you  would  never  bear,
       I  fear 
when  morning  comes  you  won't  be  here.
 
© Lawrencealot - November 17, 2013


Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment