We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Trilonnet


Created by Shelley A. Cephas
A 14-line poem made up of four three-line verses and one rhyming couplet.
Meter: iambic tetrameter or iambic pentameter.
 Each 3 line verse is an unrhymed triplet, but there is rhyming between the stanzas..
2 rhyme schemes: abc abc abc abc dd  or abc cba abc cba dd

Example Poem

Little Brick Library

When I was young,  and that means wee,
My nearby library did astound.
I started stopping every day.

I'd roam the shelves from about  three
'til five o'clock or 'til I'd found
one book I could not put away.

It was wonderful they were free;
the best resource that I had found
and books had so darn much to say.

This was long 'fore girls intrigued me.
The building was a good friend found,
where I'd rather hang-out than play.

Those short years opened wide the door.
to much I still plan to explore.

(c) Lawrencealot - May 4, 2012

Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment