We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Tritina


The pattern of word-repetition is as follows, where the words that end
the lines of the first tercet are represented by the numbers "1 2 3":

  1 2 3          - End words of lines in first tercet.
  3 1 2          - End words of lines in second tercet.
  2 3 1          - End words of lines in third tercet.
  (1 2 3)        - Words contained in the final line.
Your Composition.
The repetition of words in a Tritina makes this form a good match for
a story that uses common speech, for in conversation the repetition
of key words is common. The Tritina is a more "natural" form than the
Villanelle (which is comparatively artificial in repeating whole lines)
and the Sestina (which is significantly more challenging because it is
longer (39 lines) and reuses six words
in six six-line stanzas and a closing tercet).

Example Poem

Fido

I have  always liked dogs. 
Almost all dogs I like. 
And almost all like me

Their faithfulness moves me. 
I prefer smaller dogs 
'Cus big poop, I  don't like

Of course I  still do like 
gals who are nice to me
as long as they like dogs. 

I like dogs;  dogs like me

Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment