We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Individualtean


The individualtean is a form invented by chasingtheday of allpoetry.com.
In consists of 5 rhymed variable length stanzas
with the following end-rhyme pattern: abcbac def abcbac def gg
Rhyme may be perfect, slant or assonance.

Stanza 1 Consists of lines with 10/8/6/8/10/6 Syllables
Stanza 2 Consists of lines with 3/4/7 syllables
Stanza 3 Consists of lines with 10/8/6/8/10/6 Syllables
Stanza 4 Consists of lines with 3/4/7 syllables
Stanza 5 Is a couplet, each line with 10 syllables.

The form requires the ending syllable of lines 2 and 12 to rhyme with the first word of the following line.

In addition the last word of every stanza must rhyme with the first word of the following stanza.

There is NO requirement for any meter discipline.



Example Poem

Another Kiss Waitin'  (Individualtean)

Kisses tempt the strongest, noblest of men.
Indeed, all men are much moved by
Sighs, hugs, and words of care,
Still nothing lifts us quite so high--
Except knowing that kiss will come again,
Starving until it's there.

Where my dear
inside my heart
resides the dreams of your lips?

Whips  and chains encumber some  and bring pain
Although with orders I comply
I bide my time I swear
Thinking of you kisses, Oh My!
Invigorated, treat hurts with disdain.
Nothing can bring despair.

Fair one, near
Or far I start
Remembering our hist'ry.

Memory of warm lips rewarded me.
Every time my feet brought me back to thee.

 © Lawrencealot - August 13, 2012



This visual  template should help

Note: b-c in the rhyme indicator column, means that the
first word must use b-rhyme, the end-line must use c-rhyme.


1 comment:

  1. ah I see you have posted the form poem I created :) ian sawicki / chasingtheday

    ReplyDelete