We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Monololiquie


A monolilquie poem is a form was created by Gerald Bostock.
It starts, ends and is titled after a single word. It follows a mono rhyme scheme.
Each line is typically as short as possible, and the scenarios expressed become increasingly absurd.

Example Poem

Try

Try
my
buy
high
guy.

Why?

Oh my,
he buys high,
corners supply,
sells higher by and by
in Versailles.
by the by
says Birds-Eye
is a buy.

Lunch, you buy-
no black tie
meat pie,
stir-fry,
peas- black-eye,
then I
apply
mince pie,
or shoo-fly
with chai
cus I
am bone dry
that's why
tough guy.

Don't sigh,
it's July
stand-by
in string tie
or bow tie.
Let's drive by
fish fry
or  fly high
to Shanghai
on red eye
then try
lanai
pork pie.

Your tie
needs my
vat dye
or tie-dye.

Look guy,
that Thai
her thigh
shows high,
oh my
let's buy.

Can't comply
she's shy
not nearby
sly deny.

Gone awry
I'll decry.
Bonsai,
blue sky,
belie
wise guy
run by.
Well, hi
I
try.

© Lawrencealot - October 2, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment