We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Imaginaerium


Invented by  Caroline Ann Gordon      
To pen this form, you must use the following:        
 * Rhyme done in:        
  abcaba deed ff        
* 12 syllables per line        
* Written as follows: Sestet/ Quatrain/Couplet        
* Sestet is written followed by your Quatrain, this stanza is begun with a Volta.          
* A Volta, which in Italian means "turn".          
The turn of thought is one in a Sonnet that is often indicated by such words as: "But", "and", and "yet."          
This form is Copyrighted © 2012 Caroline Ann Gordon.        
If you pen in this form, please mention where you learned the style from.          


Example Poem

Deferred Treasure

I wandered through the deserts high and slept in caves
while searching for the Montezuma's gold that lies
in Utah hills. The Aztec fortune deemed so great
that it cannot be computed. Brought here by slaves
or Montezuma's minions, several tons of prize.
Only one man survived the rest were put in graves.
       
Yet, years of toil and searching yielded only grief.
The map the old guy claimed good but not exact
Has led me here and many possibles I've tracked.
I miss my love, I'm through with greed. Time's been a thief.
       
I'm still an able man, I'll work.  The tide has turned.
My treasure is the girl who waits.  That I have learned.

© Lawrencealot - April 7, 2012



Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment