We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

MLou Quintet


This form was invented by Mary Lou Healy, aka, MLou at Allpoetry
Each Stanza has the following form:
Line 1, 5 feet;
Line 2, 3 feet;
Line 3, 4 feet;
Line 4, 3 feet;
Line 5, 4 feet.

As many quintet stanzas as preferred,
rhyme scheme: ababa  cdcdc  efefe  ghghg  etc.


Example Poem

My Wife

While I sat pondering, "What shall I write?"
my thoughts turned to my wife.
Of course she is my warmth at night-
adds color to my life,
but still those claims seem much too trite.

Her common sense exceeds one's proper share.
No problem she has faced
has gone unsolved; now that is rare.
She finds what I've misplaced
and tends to all with loving care.

She thinks that even at my age I'm fine,
and though I don't agree
(I think my faults are still benign)
she does put up with me
and populates my life's design.

© Lawrencealot - September 24, 2012


Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment