We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Minuette

  • Minuette is a verse form with short lines possibly the rhythm of the lines is meant to simulate the rhythm of the musical minuette. Introduced byViola Berg, it is similar to the Sweetbriar.

    The Minuette is:
    • a poem in 12 lines made up of 2 sixains.
    • syllabic, all lines 4 syllables long.
    • rhymed, rhyme scheme xxaxxa xxbxxb.
    • composed with L3,L6,L9,L12 indented.





My Thanks to Judi Van Gorder for the wonderful resource at PMO

My Example Poem

Tax Code Charity    (Minuette)

I voted twice, 
in different years 
     for Reagan's way. 
I voted twice, 
against the guy 
     who now holds sway. 
I give at church 
I give in town 
     I really care 
as much as Bill 
who gave the poor 
     his underwear. 

© Lawrencealot - April 2, 2014

Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment