We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Violette

• The Violette is a stanzaic form with a rhyme scheme similar to the Zéjel without the mundanza, introduced by Viola Gardner. Line 4 carries a linking rhyme from stanza to stanza.

The Violette is:
○ stanzaic, written in any number of quatrains.
○ syllabic, 6-6-6-4 syllables per line.
○ rhymed, feminine rhyme used aaab cccb dddb etc b is a linking rhyme from stanza to stanza.



Pasted from http://www.poetrymagnumopus.com/index.php?showtopic=1882#baccresiez

My Thanks to Judi Van Gorder for the wonderful resource at PMO

My example poem














Fairy Trails     (Violette)

I followed her that day
to where the fairies play,
I thought 'twould be okay.
She ran from me.

I touched her; thought I'd earned
that for which I'd so yearned
but with that touch I turned
into a tree.

As seasons' colors changed
with words and thoughts exchanged
the fairy maid arranged
to set me free.

With nothing more to lose,
each year she brings me clues
and monthly she will choose
to sit with me.

© Lawrencealot - April 7, 2014

Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment