We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Octodil

  • The Octodil is an invented verse form that uses only even numbered syllable lines. It was created by Viola Berg.

    The Octodil is:
    • a poem in 8 lines, an octastich.
    • syllabic, 4-4-6-6-8-8-6-6 syllables per line.
    • unrhymed and no feminine or falling end words.



My Thanks to Judi Van Gorder for the wonderful resource at PMO

My Example poem

Who Says?   (Octodil)















An owl flew by
and looked into my eyes
and though I know I'd heard
him hooting in the dark of night
I'd never seen the fellow's face.
I've understood that owl's
are wise- it's true; he did
not ask me "Who?"

© Lawrencealot - April 3, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment