We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/poetryforms/.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Time Coupletnelle


This is a form invented by MystiqueWizzard, aka
Alberto Jose Alvarez Gonzalez


The Time Coupletnelle is a 16-line poem conformed by 8 couplets
with a rhyme scheme  AabbccddccddaA*AA*,
The syllabic progression  is: 9-8-7-6-7-8-9-9

The first 3 couplets represent a “plea”
the 4th couplet is an assertion that portrays what the plea evokes;
the last 3 couplets are the conclusion based on the first 4 couplets.

The themes may vary
but basically they´re centered in love, sadness, hope or another strong
emotion worth exploring. It was named “Time Coupletnelle “because it is
set in a progression of time and the visual shape is like an hour glass.
The structure should always be centered for visual effect.


Example Poem:

I Must Ask

I can't carry on without your love.
I go through the actions, just kind of.
I think you like me but how much?
I daydream thinking of your touch.
I wait all week to date you
I'm bewitched is my friends' view.
Action now is required,
waiting time has expired.
This week, waiting time is thru.
A diamond makes its debut.
You'll see how much you are desired,
how much you're treasured and admired.
I'll bring a rose and a turtle dove.
I'll be your hand, if you'll  be my glove.
I cannot carry without your love.
I'll be your hand, if you'll  be my glove.

© Lawrencealot - October 2, 2012




Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment